9.12.2008

See..I got all these IDEAS

Sean and I are prolly gonna write a movie. It'll be shot next summer, I'm guessing (partly because that's when I can talk the kidlets into being camera-persons, and mostly because that's when my vacation at work resets).

Here's another idea for a short film that I haven't shot yet, but seems to me that someone has done something similar to it. In keeping with the topic, it's an IM transcript.

FilmDude says:
wonder if you could get away with a movie centered around IM

Sean H- says:
what do you mean?

FilmDude says:
even though you know who you're chatting with, it's still got the trappings of anonymity in that you can say things like "F**kburgers!" that you wouldn't say aloud

Sean H- says:
f**kburgers? that has a very American Pie feel to it

FilmDude says:
lol. yeah. there is that, I suppose.

f**kburgers with Creme Cheese

FilmDude says:
the only problem I can see with it is that it would be very tedious for the audience.

FilmDude says:
I was thinking along the lines of a silent movie.

FilmDude says:
where the only time you hear any dialog is when the characters are IMing.

Sean H- says:
you could have dialog boxes that looked like their IM screen

Sean H- says:
keeping it silent might be cool

exactly.

FilmDude says:
it would be interesting to pull off....but i keep wondering how much of ourselves we're losing. like would we ever get to a society where some people just don't talk. They're just Texter.

FilmDude says:
And then you have the 'Tooths. Who just have the blue tooth headset surgically implanted. and that's the only way they talk.

Sean H- says:
it's almost ESP

and the TEXTERS can't interact with the 'TOOTHS

Sean H- says:
it could be a dark humor piece about the loss of human connection and how we now strive for anonimity

FilmDude says:
while simultaneously striving to be recognized as indiviuals.

Sean H- says:
you could then push forward years and show 2 people who meet face to face and can't communicate

reduced to avatars.

Text'tooth Babies

That's what happens on slow days. We shoot about a bajillion movie ideas back and forth (I think I've got most of them saved) and then we check our calendars (a.k.a. our lives) and realize that we can't just take 4 weeks off to go shoot these things. I've read of indie-filmmakers that do these 3 and4 hours shoots every weekend for like YEARS to get a movie made. I'm thinking that my own production schedule really is more along those lines (well, actually, I know that to be the case).

I'm thinking of killng the TZP Projects blog. I'm not posting to it. It's really easier for me to just keep all my shits in one bowl, so to speak. Yes, I know how lazy it sounds, but I'm thinking that other than Darrin, prolly no one reads that blog anyway. I know I don't. And I sure as heck don't update it on a regular basis. Hell at this point, I don't even update it on an irregular basis. So that's, as they say, that.

I'm getting back in touch with people from high school again thanks to the Facebook phenomena. I put up a Facebook page purely for the fact that we were going to have our fantasy football league on Facebook this season (we stuck with Fanball). But the upshot is...I'm reconnecting with people I haven't talked to since high school (and to be honest, some I never really talked to in high school...) It's kind of weird. The bullshit things that kept people in cliques really seem to go away when we're all married, with kids, and doing fairly adult-type-life things. There's more of a common ground and people that I thought were douches (and some that probably would have put me in that category) are now decent people. It's possible that if I interacted with them too much IRL, some of that bs would come back, but I'm not sure about that. A lot of people that I was kind of close to have moved out of Ohio anyway, so that experiment will have to wait.

The only anomaly is someone who added me as a friend that I have NO IDEA who the f*** they are. I'm still waiting to see how that one is going to play out. It's easy enough to drop friends on Facebook (at least I think it is). So, um. yeah.

This weekend is the weekend of the purging of the stuff that's been cluttering my shit up. If it goes as planned, that will be both a physical and mental thing (and quite possibly spiritual-I'm not ruling anything out at this point).

And I leave you with this. Chrissy sent it to me. Her and her husband Don came out to see me while I was doing that whole Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp. They came to the L.A. show at the House of Blues on Sunset strip (no, I haven't quite gotten tired of saying that yet. Yes, I'm quite aware of my vacillating nature, thankyouverymuch).

So long and good night.

No comments:

Stuck

I'm going to off today's triumphant return to the lunchtime bloggy blog posts with a little haiku. This isn't a completely orig...