Skip to main content

See..I got all these IDEAS

Sean and I are prolly gonna write a movie. It'll be shot next summer, I'm guessing (partly because that's when I can talk the kidlets into being camera-persons, and mostly because that's when my vacation at work resets).

Here's another idea for a short film that I haven't shot yet, but seems to me that someone has done something similar to it. In keeping with the topic, it's an IM transcript.

FilmDude says:
wonder if you could get away with a movie centered around IM

Sean H- says:
what do you mean?

FilmDude says:
even though you know who you're chatting with, it's still got the trappings of anonymity in that you can say things like "F**kburgers!" that you wouldn't say aloud

Sean H- says:
f**kburgers? that has a very American Pie feel to it

FilmDude says:
lol. yeah. there is that, I suppose.

f**kburgers with Creme Cheese

FilmDude says:
the only problem I can see with it is that it would be very tedious for the audience.

FilmDude says:
I was thinking along the lines of a silent movie.

FilmDude says:
where the only time you hear any dialog is when the characters are IMing.

Sean H- says:
you could have dialog boxes that looked like their IM screen

Sean H- says:
keeping it silent might be cool

exactly.

FilmDude says:
it would be interesting to pull off....but i keep wondering how much of ourselves we're losing. like would we ever get to a society where some people just don't talk. They're just Texter.

FilmDude says:
And then you have the 'Tooths. Who just have the blue tooth headset surgically implanted. and that's the only way they talk.

Sean H- says:
it's almost ESP

and the TEXTERS can't interact with the 'TOOTHS

Sean H- says:
it could be a dark humor piece about the loss of human connection and how we now strive for anonimity

FilmDude says:
while simultaneously striving to be recognized as indiviuals.

Sean H- says:
you could then push forward years and show 2 people who meet face to face and can't communicate

reduced to avatars.

Text'tooth Babies

That's what happens on slow days. We shoot about a bajillion movie ideas back and forth (I think I've got most of them saved) and then we check our calendars (a.k.a. our lives) and realize that we can't just take 4 weeks off to go shoot these things. I've read of indie-filmmakers that do these 3 and4 hours shoots every weekend for like YEARS to get a movie made. I'm thinking that my own production schedule really is more along those lines (well, actually, I know that to be the case).

I'm thinking of killng the TZP Projects blog. I'm not posting to it. It's really easier for me to just keep all my shits in one bowl, so to speak. Yes, I know how lazy it sounds, but I'm thinking that other than Darrin, prolly no one reads that blog anyway. I know I don't. And I sure as heck don't update it on a regular basis. Hell at this point, I don't even update it on an irregular basis. So that's, as they say, that.

I'm getting back in touch with people from high school again thanks to the Facebook phenomena. I put up a Facebook page purely for the fact that we were going to have our fantasy football league on Facebook this season (we stuck with Fanball). But the upshot is...I'm reconnecting with people I haven't talked to since high school (and to be honest, some I never really talked to in high school...) It's kind of weird. The bullshit things that kept people in cliques really seem to go away when we're all married, with kids, and doing fairly adult-type-life things. There's more of a common ground and people that I thought were douches (and some that probably would have put me in that category) are now decent people. It's possible that if I interacted with them too much IRL, some of that bs would come back, but I'm not sure about that. A lot of people that I was kind of close to have moved out of Ohio anyway, so that experiment will have to wait.

The only anomaly is someone who added me as a friend that I have NO IDEA who the f*** they are. I'm still waiting to see how that one is going to play out. It's easy enough to drop friends on Facebook (at least I think it is). So, um. yeah.

This weekend is the weekend of the purging of the stuff that's been cluttering my shit up. If it goes as planned, that will be both a physical and mental thing (and quite possibly spiritual-I'm not ruling anything out at this point).

And I leave you with this. Chrissy sent it to me. Her and her husband Don came out to see me while I was doing that whole Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp. They came to the L.A. show at the House of Blues on Sunset strip (no, I haven't quite gotten tired of saying that yet. Yes, I'm quite aware of my vacillating nature, thankyouverymuch).

So long and good night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage Material??

I had a friend call me today, fuming. I consider myself a good listener on most days. Considering that I was out of town on a work trip and doing absolutely nothing in my hotel room, my listening game was on-point.

She recounted the exchange that sent her off. I will spare you some of the more personal details, but the gist was, at one point, the dude-bro she was talking to flat out told her that she wasn’t marriage material.

Torn between wanting to be a supportive friend and being completely gobsmacked, I felt her frustration. No. That’s not quite right. I didn’t feel the same frustration she felt. I’m approaching what some consider middle age. I’m white. I’m primarily interested in women. Oh, and I have a penis. So...no, I can never truly feel the same frustration she was feeling. Or an anger that comes from the same place her anger came from. No matter how in touch I am witn my feminine side (whatever the fuck that actually means).

Instead, the frustration and anger I was feeling w…

Post Con-Fusion

It's 5:40 AM on a Wednesday. I have been up for an hour. I have an outline for a work in progress that I intended to work on this morning. I was in the middle of a chapter that I started at lunch and had every intention of continuing this morning. But, much like me, it seems the characters wanted to sleep in today. They wanted to just hunker under the covers as the rain danced its hypnotic melody on my roof. The swoosh swoosh swoosh of the ceiling fan keeping time with the rest of the nocturnal orchestra.

So, I shifted gears. I am taking  a course on getting more words on the page. Something that I want to do need to do if I am to get all of these books that are floating around in my head out in to the world. It's not so much that I think the whole world will love and adore them, although I certainly hope that is the case. No, it's more the fact that it's getting crowded up there. I need to get these words on the page for my own sanity as much as anything else.

Sanity,…

The Kindness of Strangers

This post is going to be a little bit all over the place. If you know me, you are probably used to that by now. If you don't know me, welcome. My name is Todd. I'll be your slightly insecure author and docent on this tour of randomness we call Todd's Mind.

I am going to get a little real, and probably a little raw here today. I would normally be terrified of that. Of exposing myself to the world at large. But in looking at the stats for this blog in the 22weeks or so since I've left Facebook, the reality, I'm exposing myself to about 10 of you. Less if some of you come back and re-read some of the posts. So...yeah. Here goes.

I can count on 1 finger the number of times including today where I have run out of gas. Not talking about pulling into the gas station on vapors, but actually having the car die and coast to a stop because that life-giving dead dinosaur juice was no longer in the tank.

One time.

Today.

It's my own fault. I don't like to admit when I&#…